I love this lentil bolognese!! It’s so easy to throw together and is healthy beyond belief. I always come to this recipe when I’m feeling a little down or under the weather, as it’s like a big bowl of warm lentilly hugs!
- Lentil Bolognese2015-09-21 12:51:43Serves 2A really lovely vegan version of an Italian classic. Tasty and filling without the bloat.Write a reviewPrep Time10 minCook Time20 minTotal Time30 minPrep Time10 minCook Time20 minTotal Time30 minIngredients
- One red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 400g tin of tomatoes
- Medium blob of tomato purée
- 150ml veg stock
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic
- A splash of Tabasco
- Pinch of dried basil
- 250 g lentils
- Salt and pepper
- To make soften the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients except the lentils, season well. Simmer for 15 minutes and add the lentils.
- Heat the sauce with the lentils in through for a further five minutes and then serve up and enjoy.
Millie Munch http://www.milliemunch.co.uk/
- I added half a red pepper, some celery and some tomatoes to bulk it out, but it works great with any vegetable to be honest.
- Serve with whatever accompaniment you like! I opted for courgetti, but you can have it on anything from pasta to a baked sweet potato!
Let me know how you get on in the comment section! Can’t wait to hear what you think!
Enjoy, Millie x