Tonight’s tea, stir fried vegetable quinoa with sun dried tomato roasted cod. A protein rich meal packed with essential vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants… AND it was really easy to make. Not the most attractive meal, mainly because I was too hungry to faff around with presentation and my camera for too long!
Stir Fried Vegetable Quinoa and Sun Dried Tomato Roasted Cod
What you need for the quinoa
- 60 g of quinoa pre-boiled per person
- 1 stick of celery
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1/2 a courgette zucchini
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp Food Doctor savour seed blend or any seeds of your choice
- Salt & pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Pinch of sumac
What you need for the fish
- 200 g chopped tomatoes
- 3 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 fillet of cod or any white fish
- Pinch of Paprika
- Small chunk of feta cheese
- Salt & pepper
To make the quinoa
- Pop the quinoa on to boil (usually for 20 minutes, but check cooking instructions on the back of the packet). At the same time lightly fry whatever veg. Once lightly cooked take it off the head. Drain the quinoa and stir in the veg. Stir in the raisins and the seeds and season with salt, pepper, fresh coriander and a sprinkle of sumac.
To make the fish
- Lightly season the fish, and pop all the ingredients into an oven dish. Sprinkled over some paprika to give it a kick and bake it in the oven at 190C for 10 minutes. I then crumbled some feta on top and returned to the oven for a further 5 mins.
A quick and easy 20 minute meal, that’s not only tasty but actually really good for you!
Enjoy, Millie xx