This is the perfect brunch for hungover weekends or mornings you want to make just that bit more special!
This is a really versatile recipe, you can switch normal potatoes out for sweet potatoes or do a mixture of both. I’ve also done a butternut squash, potato, sage, bacon and mozzarella version too!
Whip this up for those you love, snuggle on down under a blanket and enjoy in front of a film!
- 1 tbsp of salted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 750g potatoes (diced into 1cm cubes)
- 10 rashers of bacon
- 250g mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 1 bag of spinach
- 4 eggs
- 300g dried mozzarella
- Sprinkle of parmesan
- Melt the oil and the butter in a pan and then add the potatoes.
- Fry the potatoes on a medium heat until they are golden brown on the outside and soft in the middle (this should take about 20 minutes).
- Add the bacon and mushrooms and cook through. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach until it's softened and then fold the cheese into the potatoey bacony heaven.
- Make 4 holes in the potato mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and transfer to the oven/grill. (If you're using a skillet without a plastic handle bake in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes - depending on how runny you want your yolks - or if you're just using a normal frying pan grill until the eggs have cooked, the cheese is melted and has turned golden brown).