So my go to meal when my flatmate is sad/stressed/hungry/anything actually is roasted duck breast, creamed spinach and dauphinois potatoes. We eat the a lot. Like at least once a week. Don’t judge us.
So I thought it was a bout time I stuck the recipe on here (and also because I’ve been TERRIBLE at recipe posting recently).
So here goes, they’re extremely simple and easy to make (more so than a normal recipe) but for what they lack in complicated steps, they make up for in pure tastiness!
Give them a try and let me know how it goes!!
- 300ml single cream
- 3 large garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 6 large King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes
- 250g bag of grated cheese (I use cheddar but you can use anything)
- Heat the oven to 180C. Peel the potatoes and slice into thin disks (as thin as possible, approx 3mm in width).
- Layer the bottom of an over proof dish with potatoes, sprinkle a small amount of garlic and cheese over the top and season with salt and pepper. Layer on more potatoes and repeat this step until you run out of potato and/or dish!
- Once you’ve filled your dish, pour the cream evenly over the top of the potatoes, making sure it sinks down to the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the top with cheese (so it goes extra crispy) and put in the oven for 45 minutes until the cheese is brown and the cream has all been absorbed by the potatoes. BOSH!
- Handy tip: if the cheese starts to brown too quickly, stick some tinfoil over the top to avoid burning