So as I said on my Instagram, this pasta will save your life. It’s saved mine many a time, when I’ve been a bit down in the dumps and feeling generally shite. There is nothing cheesy (fake) carby goodness can’t solve in my honest opinion. It’s simple and easy to make and can be made entirely at home without much faff… just what you need when all you want to do is curl up on the sofa and watch the Great British Bake Off (this isn’t me right now…). So enjoy the recipe and I hope it gives you as much assistance as its given me!
Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Rescue Pasta Sauce
- 1 shallot
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 tbsp roasted red pepper pesto
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- Sizeable chunk of courgette
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- A handful of spinach
- Lightly fry the onion and add the chicken (chopped into bitesize chunks). Fry until white on the outside.
- Add the pesto, tomato purée, water and creme fraiche and heat until the sauce looks thick and creamy. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add in the veg and cook for a further three minutes (or until the spinach has wilted down).
- Serve with wholemeal pasta or courgetti, depending on how dire your day is!
Also, topping with cheese and baking in the oven for half an hour does this saucy number absolutely no harm!
Enjoy, and don’t forget to let me know how it goes!