So this little number I’ve adapted from a BBC Good Food recipe and put my little spin on it!
Such a good snack for breakfast or a little something to take the edge off sweet cravings in the evening!
Choc Chip Banana Bread
- 150 g wholemeal flour
- 110 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300 g mashed extremely ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 200 ml natural yoghurt I use low fat but you can use any
- 250 g milk or plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl and combine with the eggs, vanilla essence, honey and yoghurt. Once these have been combined stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake for 1hour 15 minutes.
- Check it's cooked by poking a skewer into the middle, if it comes out dry then you're good to go!
- Transfer to a cooling rack and try the first slice when it's just warm!